OLYMPIC Distance Belgium Championship
The IRONLAKES OLYMPIC distance will take place on Sunday September 20, 2020.
- Please note that participation at the Belgian Championship is only reserved for licensed Belgian athletes
- Unlicensed Belgian and foreign athletes will be included in the OPEN classification.
The start will be given at 1:00 p.m. from the banks of the Plate Taille Reception Center at the Eau d’Heure Lakes.
The deposit of the bike and equipment in the transition park will be exclusively on the day of the race between 11:30 and 12:30 noon
DISTANCES: 1500m – 42km – 10km
Minimum age: Be 18 years old during the current year (be born in 2002 or before).
When collecting a bib, unlicensed athletes must show their identity card and provide a medical certificate stating the ability to perform a triathlon in competition. The medical certificate is valid for 6 months.
Licensed athletes must present a valid license belonging to an international triathlon federation.
The number of bibs is limited to 500.
- Departure 1:00 p.m.
- Swimming 0h50
- Swimming + cycling 3h00
- Closing of the race 4:30 (5:30 pm)
⚠️ Given the exceptional situation due to COVID – 19, it is possible that the organization may be slightly modified.
Details of the departure procedure will be communicated to you at a later date.
ONLY CERTAINTY: The OPEN and Belgian Championship departures will be done separately.
SWIMMING – 1500m
- Departure in a single wave from the banks of the Plate Taille Reception Center.
- A lap of 1500m.
- Swimming suit allowed if the temperature is below 23 ° and is compulsory below 16 °.
- The maximum time is 0h50
- Warming up in the water is allowed a maximum of 30 ’before the start, in the dedicated area only (outside the start area). All athletes must be out of the water 10 ‘before the start.
Authorized only on Friday 18/09 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Note: The swimming course has not yet been defined. It will be communicated in the coming weeks.
BIKE – 42km
- NON-DRAFTING ? (Awaiting a league decision)
- 2 laps of 21km around the Eau d’Heure Lakes and Falemprise Lake.
- Course with relief including 340m of elevation gain per lap.
- Cycling route closed to traffic.
- 1 supplies / turn
- The maximum time is 3 hours (Swimming + cycling)
- Bike park closed at 4.30 p.m.