SPRINT Distance Belgium championship
The IRONLAKES SPRINT distance will take place on Sunday, September 18, 2021.
The start will be given at 09:00 from the banks of the Plate Taille Reception Center at the Eau d’Heure Lakes.
The deposit of the bike and equipment in the transition park will be exclusively on the day of the race between 7:30 am and 8:45 am.
DISTANCES: 750m – 21km – 5km
Minimum age: Be 16 years old during the current year (be born in 2005 or before).
When collecting a bib, unlicensed athletes must show their identity card and provide a medical certificate stating the ability to perform a triathlon in competition. The medical certificate is valid for 6 months.
Licensed athletes must present a valid license belonging to an international triathlon federation.
The number of bibs is limited to 400.
- Departure 09:00 am
- Swimming 0:30 am
- Swimming + cycling 1h30
- Closing of the race 2h30 (11h30)
SWIMMING – 750m
- Departure in a single wave from the banks of the Plate Taille Reception Center.
- A tour of 750m.
- Swimming suit allowed if the temperature is below 22 ° and is compulsory below 16 °.
- The maximum time is 0:30
- Warming up in the water is allowed a maximum of 30 ’before the start, in the dedicated area only (outside the start area). All athletes must be out of the water 10 ‘before the start.
Authorized only on Friday 17/09 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Note: The swimming course has not yet been defined. It will be communicated in the coming weeks.
BIKE – 21km
- NON-DRAFTING event
- One 21km rounds around the Eau d’Heure Lakes and Falemprise Lake.
- Course with relief including 340m of elevation gain.
- Cycling route closed to traffic.
- No supplies!
- The maximum time is 1h30 (Swimming + cycling)
- Bike park closes at 11:30 a.m.
RUNNING – 5km
- 1 tours of 5 km largely along the Lac de la Plate Taille.
- Course including 25m of elevation gain per loop.
- Course composed of 95% bitumen and 5% path.
- 1 refueling
- The maximum time is 2h30 (Swimming + cycling + running).
- Race closes at 12:30 p.m.